Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V. (MTEE) in Almere is a group company of the Japanese company Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. The company is subdivided into two divisions: Turbochargers and Engines. MTEE produces turbochargers for the European automotive industry and serves almost all European car brands. Today there are more than 800 employees and five factories at MTEE, and the company is still growing with an increased demand for our products.
> Topic of assignment
Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) is used in the automotive supply chain for establishing confidence in component suppliers and their production processes.
> Background of assignment
MTEE approval process of supplier parts is based on PPAP AIAG/Customer requirements; approval is done before Start of Production (SOP) and after SOP according to MTEE/Customer Milestone.
> Concrete tasks
1) Mapping the current way of working, PPAP flow description will be starting point of improvements activities and reduction of waste.
2) After the PPAP mapping it will be required to check possibility of standardization for each of 5 commodities based on FMEA analysis and impact of the change in case of change request.
3) Method to reinforced the Incoming inspection criteria, Additional checking, defined frequency in the incoming inspection according to the PPAP result and severity
4) PPAP storage and PPAP records requirements according ISO/TS – IATAF needs to be optimizes, build a business cases based on stock of PPAP parts, create a tool to make a forecast based on number of PPAP.
5) Defined a PPAP storage rules , study condition of storage according to expiration requirements of the components (rubber, plastic,etc), fulfilled all requirements ISO/TS – IATAF
6) Defined a PPAP tracking with a system that allowed to inform all concern people about PPAP approval status.
> Required qualifications of the student
– University of applied sciences:
> Technical Business Administration;
> Automotive Engineering.
– Excellent English verbal and non-verbal communication skills.